If there is one thing that we appreciate due to this pandemic, it is the ability to buy and taste wine without constraints and restrictions. Paarl Wine Route wants to make sure that you can taste their award-winning wines in their gorgeous wine farms’ tasting rooms right through 2021 by giving away a “Wine Passport for Two’ to one lucky reader!
The Paarl Wine Route, renowned for its rich, full-bodied, spicy red and crisp white wines, is the second oldest in the country. To experience the Paarl Wine Route is to taste the Cape Winelands!
For more details about Paarl Wine Route follow Visit Paarl on social media or visit www.paarlonline.com.
One lucky reader will win a smorgasbord of six super wine experiences on the Paarl Wine Route to be redeemed during 2021 worth R2 300 which includes:
– 2 x Spice Route Tasting Passports followed by Lunch at Fairview’s Goatshed Restaurant.
Taste your way through Spice Route Destination with a Tasting Passport – a pocket-sized booklet that gives you access to five standard tastings including a Swartland Wine Journey from Spice Route Wines, CBC Craft Beer, De Villiers Chocolate & Confectionery, Jowls Charcuterie (next door to Spice Route Wines wine-tasting area) and Wilderer Distillery Spirits, each of which can be used at your leisure throughout the year. The Goatshed Restaurant at Fairview Wine and Cheese is a country-style eatery with amazing comfort foods crafted from the freshest of produce.
– 4 x Vineyard Collection Tastings from Perdeberg Cellar.
Perdeberg Cellar is a winery with something for everyone. They offer an array of wine tastings and pairing experiences, delicious country kitchen-style family dining in their restaurant or relaxed, casual dining outside on the open lawn areas.
– 4 x Cheese & Wine Pairings at Mitre’s Edge Wine Estate.
Mitre’s Edge Wine Estate is a family-run boutique winery, named after the mountain adjacent to the farm that bears an uncanny resemblance to a bishop’s mitre. Wine tasting can be done in the cellar or the dining room. Must-try wines include the viognier, the Bordeaux-style blend Shalto and the Cabernet Sauvignon.
– 2 x Standard Wine Tastings at Painted Wolf Wines.
Painted Wolf Wines are dedicated to the production of authentic, distinct and delicious wines and to the conservation of African wild dogs and their natural habitat. Their tasting room is situated in the beautiful oak-tree-lined main street of Paarl.
– 2 x Vault Tastings at Nederburg followed by lunch at The Manor.
Primely positioned just outside of Paarl Nederburg’s captivating views, vineyards and stunning gardens create a perfect backdrop for tasting award-winning wines, enjoying lazy picnics and savouring delicious country-style food at The Manor
– 1 x Paul Food & Wine Pairing & 1 x Heritage Food & Wine Pairing at Landskroon Wines.
Landskroon is one of Paarl’s leading wine brands. Five generations of passionate winemakers have contributed to the wine processes of this historic estate dating back to the 17th century.
How to enter:
Fill out the form below and answer this easy question: “Where does Paarl rank in its age as a wine route?
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be selected and announced by Cape Town ETC on March 15
– Winner will be contacted via details entered on the form
– Winners are required to claim their prize within one week or another winner will be drawn
– Winners must pre-book the six experiences with each of the wine establishments individually.
– Prize is valid for 2021 and to be used during periods when there are no COVID-19 Lockdown alcoholic bans.
– Prize cannot be exchanged for cash and no change is given.
– Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other prize, special or promotion.