Tamara Walker, Asbury Park Press Published 1:32 p.m. ET May 21, 2021
Happy Friday! We are finally having some great weather. This week my son had is his prom. It is so nice that the kids are able to find some normalcy now. Later today I will be attending his lacrosse game. They are in the Shore conference finals.
And again, the Asbury Park Press has more pages for the Sunday edition. In addition to our great digital only sale — $1 for six months — we are expanding the Sunday Asbury Park Press print edition with more sports, local news and puzzles. The additional pages will be marked in the corners with “Sunday Plus.”
And a friendly reminder: We will no longer be sending you the Coronavirus Watch newsletter unless you have signed up for it. If you like hearing from us, please check your newsletter settings here. As always, thank you for reading.
Now, let’s get into it:
Monmouth County will start administering the COVID-19 vaccinations for teens and adolescents. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for use in youth ages 12 and older. On Saturday, Monmouth County’s clinic located at Brookdale Community College will open from 8 a.m. to noon. Residents aging from 12 to 18 years old can receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. The Brookdale vaccination site will be open;
- Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon
The vaccination site will no longer offer Wednesday or Thursday availability.
Gov. Phil Murphy announced more perks to all New Jerseyans who receive the COVID-19 vaccine shots in May. NJ Vax pass and “Uncork the Vaccination” are more rewards as part of a continuing push to get New Jerseyans vaccinated. NJ residents will receive vouchers for free glasses of wine from nine state wineries below.
- Amalthea Cellars, Waterford
- Auburn Road Vineyards, Pilesgrove
- Bellview Winery, Buena
- DiMatteo Vineyards, Hammonton
- Salem Oak Vineyards, Oldmans
- Terhune Orchards, Princeton
- Tomasello Winery, Hammonton
- Villa Milagro Vineyards, Phillipsburg
- White Horse Winery, Hammonton
Fully vaccinated residents can get free access to the state’s park system for the rest of 2021 by requesting a “State Parks Vax Pass” through the state’s website beginning May 27th.
Like music? I hope you do because the world-famous Stone Pony of Asbury Park will reopen this summer. The Pony will host shows at the new outdoor Stone Pony South Side beer garden on Memorial Day weekend.
NJ COVID VACCINE SITES
Here’s the updated list of sites in Monmouth and Ocean counties offering COVID-19 vaccines, according to the state Department of Health.
VaccineFinder is a free online website that will help you find and secure a local appointment with simple instructions.
- Bayshore Medical Center, Holmdel: Registrations online only at hackensackmeridianhealth.org/covid19
- CentraState Medical Center, Freehold Township: Registrations online only at www.centrastate.com/vaccine
- Community Health Center of Asbury Park: 1301 Main St.; 732-774-6333; vnachc.org/
- CVS Pharmacy: 3391 Route 35, Hazlet, 470 Route 36, Highlands, 71 South Broadway, Long Branch; 800-746-7287; cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine.
- Freehold Family Health Center: 579 Park Ave.; 732-294-2540; vnachc.org/
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune: Registrations online only at hackensackmeridianhealth.org/covid19
- Keyport Community Health Center: 35 Broad St.; 732-888-4149; https://vnachc.org/
- Monmouth County Health Department: 50 East Main St.; 732-431-7456; visitmonmouth.com/health
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch: Registrations online only at www.rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine.
- Ocean Health Initiatives: 3600 Route 66; Neptune; 732-363-6655; ohinj.org
- Red Bank Primary Care Center: 188 East Bergen Pl.; 732-219-6620; vnachc.org/
- Rite Aid: 1360 Route 36, Hazlet; 596 Shrewsbury Ave., Tinton Falls; 4057 Asbury Ave., Suite 8, Tinton Falls; 75 South Main St., Neptune; 200 Wilson Ave., Middletown; 149 Main St., Manasquan; riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
- Riverview Medical Center: 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank; 732-741-2700.
- Sam’s Club: 320 W. Main St., Freehold, 732-780-0734
- ShopRite: 280 Route 9; Marlboro; or 3120 Route 35; Hazlet; vaccines.shoprite.com
- Walmart: 4900 Route 9, Howell, 732-886-9111; 326 W. Main, Freehold, 732-780-3484; 3575 Route 66, Neptune, 732-918-0441.
- CHEMED: 1771 Madison Ave., Lakewood; 732-364-6666; chemedhealth.org
- Community Medical Center, Toms River: Registrations online only at www.rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine.
- CVS Pharmacy: 1600 Route 35, Seaside Heights; 421 Lacey Rd., Manchester; 800-746-7287; cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Long Beach Island Health Department: 609-492-1212; lbihealth.com
- Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus, Lakewood: Registrations online only at www.rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine.
- Ocean County Health Department: Multiple locations: 800-342 9738; www.ochd.org/covid19-vaccine-update/
- Ocean Health Initiatives: 10 Stockton Drive, Toms River; 101 2nd St., Lakewood; 798 Route 539, Little Egg Harbor; 732-363-6655; ohinj.org.
- Ocean Medical Center, Brick: 732-836-4144; hackensackmeridianhealth.org/covid19
- Rite Aid: 3258 Bridge Ave., Point Pleasant; 159 East Kennedy Blvd., Lakewood; 1041 Burnt Tavern Rd., Brick; 1 North New Prospect Rd., Jackson; riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
- Southern Ocean Medical Center: 1173 Beacon Ave., Stafford; 609-597-6011; hackensackmeridianhealth.org/covid19
- ShopRite: 297 Route 72, Stafford; and 860 Fischer Blvd., Toms River; vaccines.shoprite.com
Local case numbers
Please have a safe enjoyable weekend. I’ll be back in your inbox next week.
~Tamara Walker, Lead News Assistant ~
I can be reached at email@example.com or Twitter @twilderap
Read or Share this story: https://www.app.com/story/news/2021/05/21/vaccinations-updates-adolescents-and-more-vaccine-perks-nj-residents/5199670001/