Updated: February 17, 2021 – 10:36 AM
- Richard Betts is one of fewer than two hundred master sommeliers in the world, but he’s no wine snob and he hates wine-speak. In the first book of its kind, he helps readers scratch and sniff their way to expertise by introducing the basic components of wine—the fruits, the wood, the earth—enabling anyone to discover the difference between a Syrah and a Sangiovese and get the glass they love every time. Humorously illustrated, with 16 scents, this irresistible gift puts the fun back in wine fundamentals.
- The company RIEDEL is a family owned, 300 year-old crystal company known to be the inventor of varietal specific stemware. Riedel is the first company in history to recognize that the taste of a beverage is affected by the shape of the vessel from which it is consumed, and has been recognized for its revolutionary designs which complement primarily alcoholic beverages. RIEDEL VERITAS combines the charm of a handmade glass with the consistent accuracy only a machine made glass can achieve. The shape of the glass shows the combination of fruit and acidity perfectly balanced on the palate, giving a harmonious taste experience. All RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher.
- ArT Wine Preserver® is the easiest way to keep wine fresh. This simple wine saver uses pure argon gas to displace oxygen. Argon is the preferred method to prevent oxidation in wine.
- Their tall stemmed wine glass can be custom-etched with a stunningly detailed map of ANY city or town in the U.S.! They take pride in creating artwork that represents each town as best as possible. Just type and select your town name above and you will see a preview of the map area that will be etched on your glass. Custom etched wine glasses are made-to-order. Hometown wine glasses are designed and made with pride in the USA.
- What could be a more romantic combination than candlelight and a bottle of wine? It was designer Craig Davies’ inspired idea to combine the two. Craig gathers and cleans discarded wine bottles, then cuts them down by hand to be unique vessels for his eco-friendly, long-lasting soy candles. The hand-poured candles are scented to evoke classic wine varieties: Cabernet is dark and sweet, like cherries and chocolate, with an herbal finish; Champagne has a fresh, crisp aroma with hints of cotton blossom; and Chardonnay has aromas of apple, almonds, and cinnamon on top, with buttery richness underneath. Rosé has fresh fruit and sweet almond notes. Pino Grigio is airy with a hint of citrus and sassafras wood. Each one is like a toast to a special person or unforgettable milestone, lingering in the senses long after the moment has passed. Handmade in Truckee, California.
- For a true wine lover, why not give the gift of wine itself? The Primal Wine Club offers a monthly delivery of curated natural wines. Each month, the recipient will be able to explore bottles of truly exciting wines produced organically with minimal-intervention techniques. For drinkers who are already well-versed in classical wines and noble grapes, this box will offer an opportunity to taste, and perhaps fall in love with, something new. The subscription service offers multiple plans, ranging from one-time deliveries to monthly boxes. Subscribers can choose between a box of reds, a box of whites, or a mixed case.
- Spend a wonderful day with your family or friends in the park, forest, beach or in the wild. Sunflora Picnic Backpack is a great all-in-one catering backpack to keep food and drinks fresh and organized. The Sunflora picnic set can just make your exquisite outdoor picnic trip enjoyable and unforgettable. Besides, Sunflora picnic bag can be a wonderful gift and present to your loved ones on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Birthday and also great gift idea for wedding and housewarming.
- Anyone who loves a day at the beach will use this insulated wine bag. It’s made from neoprene, the same material used to make wetsuits, and will keep any bottle of wine chilled for hours. This option from Hipiwe holds two bottles in separate compartments so that they won’t clink around. Many users say that this tote well-made, high-quality, and durable. It also features a comfortable handle. This tote has everything needed to keep the beach party going all afternoon.
- For extreme wine geeks, consider the Coravin wine-preserving system. Normally, once you open a bottle of wine, a clock starts ticking. The wine is being exposed to a flow of oxygen, and that air will carry away the volatile flavor compounds in the wine until it’s no longer drinkable. Putting the cap back on a partially finished bottle will slow this process, but it can’t stop it. Even with the bottle closed up, there’s still plenty of air inside the newly empty space in the bottle. The Coravin system puts a stop to that. This device preserves open wine by filling the empty space in the bottle with argon gas. The gas is injected into the bottle, and it forms a blanket over the wine. This layer of gas protects the wine from oxygen and halts the aging process.
© 2021 Cox Media Group