Known as America’s Summer Place since it opened in 1887, Grand Hotel is an essential family destination from May to October. The seasonal resort beckons guests to a bygone era of old-world hospitality and charm, and this National Historic Landmark has always embraced its rich history, while keeping up with current times. That means today, guests can enjoy modern amenities while the hotel’s original architecture and charm have been tastefully preserved. This is also shown through the resort’s incredible offerings.
Following its annual seasonal closure, the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island is preparing to open its doors, once again, on May 7, 2021 and will be welcoming guests as they will have even more to look forward to with the addition of new state-of-the-art facilities and enhanced offerings, as well as, new packages and seasonal promotions.
Over the winter months, the property underwent extensive renovations to transform the iconic Esther Williams swimming pool and surrounding area. A new large heated whirlpool, private adults-only pool area featuring an infinity edge with views of the island, a family-friendly area complete with a zero-depth beach entry, water jet play area and water slide, and 15 new and luxurious private cabanas with food and beverage service will be unveiled. Along with the pool renovation, the pool house has been reconstructed and expanded to contain a fitness center and bathhouse, complete with upscale changing rooms, lockers and showers. Additionally, the resort will debut a new pool bar and kitchen for guests to enjoy elevated cocktails and bites.
As part of the revamp, the property is unveiling a handful of new packages and seasonal offerings for guests:
- Mother’s Day Weekend (Available May 7-9): Spend time with mom and take advantage of all the fine amenities at Grand Hotel during Mother’s Day Weekend. This package includes daily breakfast and dinner, a special Mother’s Day grand luncheon buffet, complimentary golf green fees on The Jewel, nightly entertainment in the Terrace Room and complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art museum.
- Ballroom Dance Package (Available May 16-18): Join Grand Hotel and dance the night away with the Ballroom Dancing Package. Perfect for experienced dancers or those looking to learn some new steps, participants will experience a diverse range of ballroom dance styles including the Fox Trot, Cha-Cha and Swing taught by professional dance instructors. Package includes daily breakfast and dinner, a welcome reception, all entertainment and dance instruction and complimentary golf green fees on The Jewel.
- Memorial Day Weekend (Available beginning May 28): While enjoying the holiday weekend on Mackinac Island and at America’s Summer Place, guests will have the chance to sit back and relax in a rocking chair on the World’s Longest Porch. The Memorial Day Weekend package includes daily breakfast and dinner, Friday and Sunday evening receptions, complimentary golf green fees on The Jewel and more.
- Summer Michigan Golf Live Package (Available June 4-6): Tee up a vacation of a lifetime with the Summer Michigan Golf Live Package. Named for the state’s leading golf program, Michigan Golf Live, show host Bill Hobson coordinate this golf event, complete with three days of unlimited golf on The Jewel, prize giveaways, private evening receptions, Saturday morning golf scramble and more.
- Summer Wine Appreciation Weekend (Available June 25-27): Join Grand Hotel’s Master Sommelier, Elizabeth Schweitzer, and a celebrated winery for this special wine tasting and hotel package. The package includes daily breakfast and dinner, Friday evening wine reception, Saturday wine tasting and special dinner event, and complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art museum.
- Honeymoon and Anniversary Package (Available all season): Celebrate a honeymoon or anniversary with a romantic three-night stay at Grand Hotel. The Honeymoon and Anniversary Package includes daily breakfast and dinner, a fresh-cut flower arrangement, champagne basket, Grand Hotel homemade fudge, an Afternoon Tea, one-hour private carriage tour and complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art museum.