Food & Wine Pairing Menu, To-Go Meals, Curated Wine Packs, and Contests to Celebrate Kendall-Jackson and La Crema as the Preferred Wines of the Kentucky Derby®
What: Kendall-Jackson, producer of America’s favorite Chardonnay for more than 29 years, launches a series of Derby Day celebrations at the winery in honor of the first of a multi-year partnership in which Kendall-Jackson is the Preferred Wines of the Kentucky Derby®.
Derby-themed Tastings: Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens is offering a special Kentucky Derby Day-Themed Wine and Food and Pairing menu on Saturday, May 1 inspired by delectable Southern cuisine. A twist on Sonoma’s best kept secret, the farm-to-table dining experience, the Derby Day menu is curated by Executive Chef Justin Wangler with produce sourced from the winery’s 4-acre organic garden. The cuisine, paired with Kendall-Jackson’s small-production, limited release wines, will include:
- Estate Spring Garden Veggie Salad with Cucumber and Herb Benedictine Dressing
- Kentucky Dry Rubbed Pork Belly, Beets, Carrots, Spiced Pecans
- Barrel-Aged, Bourbon-Glazed Snake River Farms Steak, Crispy Grits, Garden Collard Greens
- Chocolate Bourbon Tart, Caramel, Sea Salt
- Pecan Balls
Come dressed in your Derby best! Derby style and hat attire is highly encouraged.
- When: Saturday, May 1
- Where: Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens, 5007 Fulton Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Cost: $70 pp; maximum of 6 guests per party
- How to book: Make reservations in advance via Tock- here.
Meals-to-go & Sweepstakes: Are you hosting your own at-home Derby Day party and don’t feel like cooking? Pick up premade treats with Kendall-Jackson’s Kentucky Derby Day-Themed Meals-To-Go. Each meal includes Kentucky-style recipes and a suggested wine pairing:
- Kentucky Sorghum-Rubbed Pork with Sweet Bourbon Mustard Sauce
- Collards with Bacon
- Anson Mills Cheesy, Creamy Grits
- Beet and Carrot Salad with Spiced Pecans and Sherry Vinaigrette
- French Bread with Pimento Cheese
- Chocolate Bourbon Tart with Salted Caramel
Curated Kendall-Jackson wine pairings offered with the meal include: 2018 Jackson Estate Jensen Vineyard Riesling ($ 25 retail / $ 20 wine club members) and 2016 Jackson Estate Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($45 retail / $36 wine club members).
Sweepstakes: All purchases will be automatically entered in a sweepstakes that includes a variety of prizes, including the grand prize of two tickets to the 2022 Kentucky Derby Celebration at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens.
- When: Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1 from 12:00pm-5:00pm PST. Orders must be placed by 10:00am on Thursday, April 29.
- Where: Pickup at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens, 5007 Fulton Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Cost: $50 per meal; serves 2.
- How to order: Order Meals-to-Go here.
- Sister winery La Crema is also offering Meals-to-Go. Order here for pick up at 3575 Slusser Road Windsor, CA 95492.
Curated Wine Packs: For consumers wishing to order wines for at-home celebrations, curated wine packs are available for purchase directly from the Kendall-Jackson winery at www.kj.com or La Crema at www.lacrema.com.
- Kendall-Jackson Derby Trifecta Pack ($110 retail / $80 for wine club members) includes 2019 Grand Reserve Chardonnay, 2018 Jackson Estate Santa Maria Valley Chardonnay and 2019 Jackson Estate Outland Ridge Pinot Noir.
- La Crema Kentucky Derby Pack ($115 retail / $92 for wine club members) includes 2019 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir and Russian River Valley Sparkling Brut Rosé.
Kendall-Jackson is one of America’s most beloved family-owned and operated wineries. The winery’s flagship wine, the Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay, has been America’s favorite Chardonnay for over 29 years. Founded by entrepreneur and visionary Jess Jackson in 1982, and now led by his wife Barbara Banke and the Jackson family, Kendall-Jackson is based in Sonoma County and offers a range of acclaimed wines grown on the family’s estate vineyards along the coastal ridges of California. Kendall-Jackson is the benchmark for sustainable wine endeavors, setting the precedent for advancement in solar, water, and vineyard practices. Wine Enthusiast Magazine recently named Kendall-Jackson the 2017 American Winery of the Year, one of the wine industry’s most distinguished accolades. Recognized as a leader in the industry for more than three decades, Kendall-Jackson has built a reputation centered around consistent, high-quality wines that are available nationwide in national grocery stores, boutique wine retailers, and restaurants. Learn more online at www.kj.com, and follow Kendall-Jackson on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
About La Crema
Beloved winery La Crema was founded in 1979 as La Crema Viñera, meaning “Best of the Vine.” For more than 40 years, the family-owned and operated winery has focused exclusively on cool-climate coastal appellations, where ocean winds and fog allow grapes to ripen slowly on the vine. Winemaker Craig McAllister continues to use boutique, time-intensive techniques to produce distinctively balanced and elegant wines. La Crema combines consistent high quality and elegant flavor with a modern, cosmopolitan personality. For more information, visit www.LaCrema.com.