KALAMAZOO, MI — The Kalamazoo Craft Beverage Week kicked off Friday, Jan. 29, for its 11th year.
The event formerly known as Kalamazoo Beer Week now includes local distilleries and wineries, celebrating the local craft beverage industry as a whole, according to a news release from Discover Kalamazoo.
The week’s events, which run from Friday, Jan. 29, to Saturday, Feb. 6, will include a mix of virtual and hybrid activities along with special carryout offers.
“There are still safe ways we can enjoy craft beverages,” said Dana Wagner, director of marketing and communications with Discover Kalamazoo. “Although the format is a little different, it was important to still put together an event that would generate much needed support for our local businesses.”
A schedule of events, specials and information can be found online. Some unique offerings this year include:
- An outdoor ugly winter outfit contest at Final Gravity Brewing Co. and beer pairing with specialty sausage from Kelvin & Co.
- Virtual wine tasting and pairing with Tempo Vino Winery. Pairings include cheese from The Cheese Lady and a chocolate truffle from Confections with Convictions.
- “Taste Your Heart Out,” a virtual history and tasting session with Bell’s Two Hearted Ale and specially created food pairings from Old Burdick’s Bar & Grill.
- A virtual “Peek into the Brewery Museum” coming to The Mill at Vicksburg.
- Dessert-inspired beers at Texas Corners Brewing Co. paired with handcrafted sweets.
- A spelling bee, also at Final Gravity Brewing Co. with beer and BBQ from Scott’s Pig Roast.
Beer, wine and cocktails to-go can also be enjoyed outdoors on a walk in the Central Commons area of downtown Kalamazoo.
For a chance to win daily prizes, fans are encouraged to share photos on social media of the events they’re enjoying with the hashtag #KBW2021.
Also on MLive:
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.