Job Type Contract
Working Days: Friday (Preferred), Saturday (Required)
Full Job Description
Love hospitality, and sharing experiences on wines? Would a winery with live music, great service, and a fast pace interest you? GADELA Winery is looking for a dynamic, positive bartender with a passion for wine, food, people, and life to represent our brand and culture to customers in our winery.
Located in the heart of Woodlands, TX, we are the only true winery in this area. We need an experienced and professional bartender with a passion for wine to join our team to work our tasting room. We are excited to bring the right people in to add to our growing family.
Behind our wine bar, you’ll be serving wine while engaging with guests to provide memorable experiences. You should find enjoyment in serving our customers. You will be successful if you’re welcoming, personable, and always seeking ways to exceed patrons’ needs and expectations. You will have a responsibility to our patrons and their safety and must have proper certification and a thorough understanding of current laws.
Our Tasting Room Associates work as part of a team to ensure an unparalleled guest experience, build loyalty, and positively reflect our brand. This position embodies superior customer service in creating the perfect balance of wine education and experience, while asking for, and closing the sale.
If you find passion for wines and have God in your life, maybe this job is for you. If you don’t, maybe you will find him here. God works in mysterious ways!!!
Title: Tasting Room Associate
GADELA Wines LLC is a family-owned winery in Spring, TX.
We have been making wine for over 17 years, and it all started as a hobby. Our grandparents and parents had a passion for wine, and at some points previous generations were also involved in wine and liquor manufacturing. We inherited this passion for wine, and after many years of dreaming and planning, it has become a reality as we seek to continue with this dream. We are a Christian family with very strong values and dedicate all our production to our Lord, making him a partner and having him in mind at every stage of our life, and into wine manufacturing. Join us in praising God for He is good. The meaning of GADELA is Gloria A Dios En Las Alturas. In English it means, Glory to God in the Highest.
As a Tasting Room Associate, you are tasked with setting the customer’s first impression through excellent customer service, bartending skills, storytelling skills and overall knowledge of GADELA Winery story, tradition, our values and “our wines”.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
• Responsible Alcohol Service
• Strictly adhere to Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission Laws.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated patrons, and driving while under the influence. Model responsible drinking in the community.
• Maintain a current alcohol server certificate, (TIPS, ServSafe, Etc.) Food handler also required.
• Report Wine Shortages before running out.
• Greet and serve guests in a welcoming, genuine manner and continually build relationships with guests.
• Maintain a sensitive and educated palate for wines.
• Participate in other aspects of the wine making process: Be willing to foster a deeper knowledge of wine making and all of the processes that lead up to the production of wine.
• Processes and formulas are company assets and are “NOT” shared or discussed with customers. Only the winemaker will determine what to share, if appropriate.
• Maintain a passionate interest in the wine industry and continually teach yourself more information on a broad spectrum – or become an expert and share your knowledge.
• Calmly and efficiently operate behind the bar.
• Maintain impeccable quality control.
• Maintain clean glass stock.
• Become proficient in operating bar equipment.
• Follow proper food safety procedures
• Maintain a clean and organized work area, including processing room.
• Maintain a clean and presentable Tasting Room by continually assessing the cleanliness of windows, mirrors, tables, chairs, floors, restrooms, outdoor seating, patios, entryways, stairways, merchandise areas, back bar, etc. Execute such cleaning yourself as needed.
• Notice and report or fix any maintenance issues as capable.
• Facilitates a professional and ethical manner that is beyond reproach.
• Eagerly educate customers on our distinctive product line and share company philosophy
• Effectively promote and sell GADELA wines.
• Promote, offer, and enroll club memberships
• Ensure proper documentation for all accidents and incidents per Company policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance when determining potentially intoxicated guests per Company standards.
• Prepare guest checks and process credit cards while adhering to all cash handling and credit card procedures.
• Professional experience in bar service or able to demonstrate the ability to efficiently work in a fast-paced, demanding environment while maintaining professional and friendly dealings with the public. Multitask, carry several glasses, memorize orders, and flow well with others in very tight quarters.
• Be able to taste and identify faults in wine.
• Maintain a positive attitude all times.
• Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety.
• Communicate in public with all types of people (customers and coworkers)
• Must be able to work on your feet most of the day
• Use of hands and arms for repetitive motions
• Safely lift 50 lbs.
• Maintain a personal email account
• Comfortable using computers: Square POS, Clover, Excel, Email.
• Ability to answer the phone and take detailed messages.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have reliable transportation and be local.
• Must be punctual.
• Have a very positive attitude at all times.
• Dress sober always.
• By law, our winery is a NO DRUGS place.
• Employee must behave decently everywhere, not only in the winery. Referrals of intoxication or use of any drugs in the winery or during free time, will be grounds for immediate dismissal and be reported to TABC.
• This is a part-time job Friday – Saturday shifts typically between 12:30p-10p. Some special events may require different hours and tasks.
• Employee Discount
• Every other week
• Holidays (will be discussed with management)
• Every other week
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Company’s website & contacts:
• Phone 832-953-3484
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• United States (Required)