RYE, NY — Movie theaters, fitness clubs, sports facilities, swimming areas and wine tasting rooms remain limited or closed to the public as a global pandemic stretches into its second year, but those who choose to live in this sprawling Westchester estate will find all of these staples of pre-coronavirus under one private roof. No masks are required for those who are invited to join this handpicked 2 acre pod.
- Address: 10 Rockledge Rd, Rye, New York
- Price: $3,995,000
- Square Feet: 12225
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 6 Full and 1 Half Baths
- Built: 2008
- Features: 10 Rockledge Road, checks all the boxes! Private + grand + luxurious + spacious + more. This spectacular home showcases an extra large pool with feature fountains, spa & is privately located on a sprawling almost 2 acres. Drive down the impressive cherry tree lined driveway to this stately estate. Incredible mature landscaping tastefully placed throughout the property. Expansive gardens in the backyard offer privacy & scenery when enjoying the outdoor amenities. As you enter the grand double height foyer with a sweeping double staircase to the 2nd floor with a Master bedroom suite with sitting room complete with beverage refrigerator & balcony, large walk in closets & fabulous master bath, 4 other ensuite bedrooms & laundry room- you will be blown away. The house is flooded with natural light, sophisticated chandeliers & sconces. You will find exquisite, detailed molding & millwork throughout the home. Coffered ceilings, double archways are just a few of the many extras in this home. The modern kitchen is equipped with 2 new dishwashers (3rd one in butler’s pantry), top of the line stainless steel appliances & cabinetry plus two stacked ovens and a Sub Zero double-sized fridge/freezer. The home was recently converted to a complete smart home: Nest thermostat system, Vivint alarm system, expansive Lutron Lighting systems, and cameras can all be controlled by the phone remotely & with ease. The home truly has it all – from the elegant bar room with custom built-in shelves to the home offices – that’s right, multiple office spaces to the automatic Hunter Douglas shades with remotes. A huge four-car heated garage with newly built-in shelves, freshly stained doors, and a Tesla high speed charger – bring your electric car!. This estate has a basketball hoop on the driveway & a full Bocci ball court. In the private backyard, there is an oversized approx. 50 feet heated pool with half-moon shaped connected spa and fountains. The walk out, finished basement includes a home theatre with big screen & new projector with 12 leather automatic/electric reclining chairs, a temperature controlled wine cellar, fitness center in the basement with a large window, TV & ballet bar. Close to Rye train station, downtown Rye, Rye Country Day School, School of the Holy Child, Westchester Country Club & a short drive to Greenwich Ave. The home is assessed at a value of $5, 170, 000, 22.7% higher than list price. Based on the current list price, a 22.7% reduction would bring the gross taxes to approximately $91, 743. Please feel free to call O’Donnell & Cullen, Property Tax Consultants hired by the seller. The home is currently being rented. Buyer must be willing to close with tenant in place until July or close in July.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful. This is a space for friendly local discussions. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name, and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your replies stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.