Michael David Winery
Producers of iconic brands such as Freakshow, Petite Petit and Earthquake, Michael David Winery is a tour de force as one of the leading wineries in the United States, distributing nationwide and in more than 30 countries. Brothers Michael and David Phillips are 5th generation grape growers whose family has cultivated wine grapes in the Lodi region for nearly a century. Founded in 1984 with little more than an old barn, a used press and a few barrels on a dirt floor, the Phillips brothers released their first commercial wine under the Phillips Vineyards label after years of growing grapes for other wineries. Now celebrating over 35 years as a bonded winery, Michael David Winery has over 800 acres of vineyards in the Lodi Appellation and prides itself on being family owned and operated while practicing meticulous farming and sustainable wine grape growing, resulting in superior quality in the bottle. Recently selected as Wine Enthusiast’s 2020 American Winery of the Year, Michael David wines regularly take top awards and recognition nationally.
We are currently looking to fill a Facility and Winery Maintenance Supervisor position at our Sonoma County Alexander Valley location. This position will work independently in supervising and performing routine and preventative maintenance and repair services for the Cloverdale winery location. Responsibilities will include infrastructure, cellar, fixtures, furnishings, and buildings to include maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, upgrading, piping systems, water distribution systems, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide facility maintenance and ensure all equipment is in optimal working order. Perform routine and preventative maintenance of all winery facilities, crush equipment, winery production equipment, shop equipment, etc.
• Perform maintenance and repairs of facility infrastructure: plumbing of glycol system and automation, wastewater system, structures, concrete, lighting, filters, painting, etc.
• Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs to both high and low voltage including pump variable frequency drives, pump motors, junction boxes, fuses, connections, receptacles, and plugs.
• Perform maintenance services and inspections of forklifts and vehicles.
• Pick up/deliver of winery parts and equipment.
• Identify and perform repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems. Includes HVAC, carpentry, drywall, painting, grounds, and needed pest management.
• Plan, schedule, and perform general and preventative maintenance.
• Repair and troubleshoot mechanical systems including heating, ventilation, and cooling systems and all related equipment as applicable. Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and plumbing systems.
• Perform periodic and monthly checks and minor repairs of domestic well water systems.
• Maintain all related compliance records for domestic water and process wastewater.
• Review work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc.).
• Work with or oversee subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
• Completes special requests by hauling files and boxes; moving furniture; setting up furnishings; preparing rooms for meetings; assembling public announcement and audio-visual equipment; following manufacturer’s operating and care guidelines; completing repairs and installing replacement parts.
Supervisor & Safety:
• Supervise all operations of maintenance and janitorial. Organizes daily workflow of responsibilities to allow for efficiency and accuracy.
• Oversee subcontractors and approve invoicing.
• Site liaison in support and compliance of all company safety, security and emergency preparedness requirements, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement to maintain a safe work environment
Qualifications will include:
• High school diploma (or GED), Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
• 5+ years maintenance experience or Industrial maintenance experience in roles of increasing responsibility and facility management experience with well-rounded knowledge of harvest, crush, filtrations, and processing. Basic knowledge of industrial electricity, power distribution and motors, circuit boards, control components, and ladder logics diagrams. Craftsmen knowledge in maintenance trades is helpful,
• Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience.
• Ability to communicate English in written and verbal form (Spanish helpful):
• Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance.
• Must be able to read and understand measurements for tank gauging.
• Working conditions include internal and external work in all types of weather environments.
• Able to work flexible schedules and long hours; work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary to be determined based on experience, knowledge, and skills.
• Comprehensive company benefits.
Position is full-time, and qualified candidates must be able to work regular schedule and work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends and holidays, during harvest season.
**To be considered a cover letter and your resume must be submitted.
Phillips Farms-Michael David Winery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Monday, February 8th
Michael David Winery
MDW – Sonoma Winery