Are you looking to be part of an industry and company that values employees, specializes in making a fun and high-quality product and appreciates work/life balance? If so, Cakebread Cellars has an open position for you. Our story begins in 1973 with a piece of land, a family passionate about wine and a community of friends and partners who helped bring Cakebread Cellars to life. Cakebread Cellars’ wines don’t just reflect the personalities of the vineyards, they also reflect the spirit of all of our employees who make our wines and winery remarkable.
We want to continue to build on that spirit by adding an experienced Director of Vineyard Operations to our team. Under limited direction from the VP of Operations, the Facilities Director is responsible for the execution of all vineyard and viticulture operations, ensuring high quality, precision farming and premium wine grape growing practices while focusing on sustainable and organic farming practices.
• We are a family owned winery with an established reputation for producing world-class wines. Since 1973 to be exact.
• Our success is built on quality, consistency, and continuity – characteristics we apply equally to the people, grapes, and operations of the winery.
• Recently, our employees gave such outstanding survey feedback that we became a certified Great Place to Work!
• We are all about our company culture so much so, that it’s our #1 priority.
• We believe in the good life. With 80 employees, there are enough resources to go around so you can enjoy life and all the benefits we have to offer.
• We love giving back to the community. In fact, we set aside dollars for community resources like health care and housing and donate to several charities.
• We value sustainability in all aspects of our business. We respect the land and our management of it – treating the soil, water and climate with care and respect with regard to the next generation.
With us you will be able to:
• Work with extraordinarily passionate people. Top talent wants to work with top talent. Here you will have the chance.
• Be an integral part of a family owned company where everyone knows your name.
• Stay sharp and broaden your knowledge base, achieve new heights with a team dedicated to your professional growth.
• Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
What we will ask you to do:
• Produce high quality fruit to business specifications.
• Work with growers to create and implement site specific viticulture plans and facilitate negotiations.
• Oversee the harvesting and delivery of all estate grown and contracted fruit during crush.
• Develop and manage vineyard capital and operating budgets.
• Direct scouting of both estate and grower vineyards to assess vine/crop development, irrigation management, nutrient balance, pest pressure, and crop estimating.
• Oversee sustainability and habitat restorations programs
What you should bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree in viticulture and advanced degree preferred
• Five years of related work experience growing premium high quality fruit with demonstrated knowledge of grape growing, organic farming, sustainable farming, and quality control activities
• Licensed QAL and PCA
• Experience working in partnership with vineyard managers on multiple sites
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
What we will bring to the table:
• Competitive salary including profit sharing
• Employee focused culture
• Full health care benefits options including medical, dental, and vision with a wellness and safety focus
• 401K plan with company match
• Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
• Employee discounts
• Leadership development opportunities
Cakebread Cellars is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We will respect your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.