Former Dolphins Quarterback and Hall of Famer Dan Marino and former NFL Quarterback Damon Huard will Join Wine Watch for a Virtual Wine Tasting to Raise Critical Funds for Autism and Related Disabilities
February 15th – WHAT: The Dan Marino Foundation presents Passing Time: A Virtual Wine Tasting & Talk with former Miami Dolphin Quarterbacks Dan Marino and Damon Huard, hosted by Andrew Lampasone with Wine Watch, a unique wine boutique based in Fort Lauderdale.
- Participants will get an exclusive opportunity to virtually Meet & Greet with Dan Marino and Damon Huard, co-owners of Passing Time Wine based in Washington State. Guests will hear from the NFL Quarterbacks about their award-winning wine and receive an opportunity to ask questions about football and life.
- Guests will also hear from Andrew Lampasone, owner of Wine Watch, and Chris Peterson, the Winemaker at Passing Time Wine.
- Registered attendees will choose from two tier options: a Passing Time Trio set to include three bottles of fine wine (2017 Passing The Time Chardonnay, 2017 Columbia Valley Red Blend, & The Flagship 2018 Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon), and a chocolate tasting box from Hoffman’s Chocolates OR a Passing Time Duo, two bottles of fine wine (2017 Passing The Time Chardonnay, 2017 Columbia Valley Red Wine).
- Wine packages will be shipped to individual registrants prior to the event date. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Dan Marino Foundation to help support its mission to empower individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- The Marino family started the Dan Marino Foundation 29 years ago with a vision that has become reality, focusing on creating opportunities leading to employment and independence for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
SPONSORS: Badia Spices, United Kronos Group, Hoffman’s Chocolates, Emeril Lagasse Foundation, and Wine Watch
WHEN: Thursday, March 18 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Virtual Event: www.DanMarinoFoundation.org/PassingTime
Individual tickets are $250 – $350
Limited tickets are available
Reservations must be made in advance by Thursday, March 11.
About the Dan Marino Foundation:
Founded by Dan and Claire Marino shortly after their son, Michael’s, autism diagnosis in 1992, the Dan Marino Foundation has a long and distinguished history of life-changing programs and services, with the mission to “empower individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities”. The Foundation has raised more than $84 million to create and support unique and impactful initiatives. For more information, please visit https://danmarinofoundation.org or follow on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
About Passing Time
Former Dolphin QB Damon Huard had to travel 3,000 miles away from home to learn about the fine wines coming from his home state of Washington. It was teammate and NFL Hall of Famer, Dan Marion, who went into his personal cellar to introduce Damon to Washington State wines during the 1997 season. Over the next decade, the formers QB’s conversation about wine evolved into a discussion about owning and operating their own winery upon Huard’s retirement and return to Washington State. Damon’s family has deep roots in the heart of Washington wine country, helping pioneer the valley into the agricultural powerhouse that it is today. “The vision of making a truly great Washington wine is one that Damon and I have shared for a long time,” said Marino, one of the most decorated quarterback in NFL history and a member of the NFL’s Hall of Fame. “Although there are more than 900 wineries in Washington State, we believe the industry is still in its adolescence and we want to be part of it as it grows into the world’s next great wine region.” Passing Time was launched with the 2012 vintage of cabernet and released in the spring of 2015 to rave reviews from wine critics and customers alike.
About Wine Watch
From 1998 to the present, Andrew has owned and operated the Wine Watch, located in Fort Lauderdale, and today, the Wine Watch features over 4,000 different selections and a floor to ceiling display of wines in 3,000 square feet of display area that is housed in a new location that is custom built to house over 30,000 bottles they have over 10,000 active customers with over $3,500,000 in sales annually for the last five years Wine Watch is one of the largest wine only retailers in the Southeast United States.