Can you believe it is almost March? I can’t!
This weekend will be interesting too because it is the first weekend in a long time that some of the NC COVID restrictions have been loosened up.
The curfew for NC is now 11pm (it used to be 9pm) and more bars/event spaces are able to open starting this Friday. With these new loosened restrictions, I’m hoping businesses and events will start to have more stuff going on, but only time will tell.
In the meantime, here is a list of things in the Charlotte area you can do this weekend. Please remember to still wear your mask and follow all CDC guidelines in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Baking classes will be offered virtually with lessons including French macarons, cake donuts and DIY Twix & Kit Kat bars.
How to Care for Houseplants
- Online with SkillPop
- Join Jasmine, expert gardener, and owner of Black Girls with Gardens, for a crash-course that will provide you with the actionable steps on how to assess and care for any houseplant.
- 5:30-7 pm.
Wine Tasting Like a Pro
- online with SkillPop
- Join wine aficionado Kristy Wenz for a lesson on the basics of wine tasting and pairing, as well as Kristy’s top recommendations on new wines to try.
- 7-8:15 pm.
9th Annual Run Jen Run Virtual 5K
- Run or walk at your own pace to support Go Jen Go and raise funds for the Survivor Grants program, a program that provides critical financial assistance to local breast cancer survivors to pay household bills.
- Feb. 27 – Mar. 6.
- $25-$35 to register.
Ride and Seek MTB Adventure Race
- Whitewater Center
- In teams of two, you’ll bike through the trail system to mapped and mystery checkpoints to gather points. The team with the most points wins.
- 9 am to 2 pm.
Starving Artist Market Pop-up
- Summit Seltzer
- Head to Summit Seltzer to shop 20+ local vendors, enjoy refreshing drinks and take in views of the skyline.
- Noon to 5 pm.
‘Now That’s What I Call Brunch’
- Nuvole Rooftop TwentyTwo
- 90s themed Sunday brunch series ‘Now That’s What I Call Brunch.’ Offerings like Sunny D mimosas and donut charcuterie boards. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. Reservations are highly recommended and face masks are required.
- Noon to 5 p.m.
- Menu pricing.
Bold Music’s Virtual Gig Night Live
- Heist Brewery
- Grab take-out from Heist Brewery and tune in to Bold Music’s YouTube channel for an evening of music and fun.
- 5 p.m.
EDIT Charlotte Spring/Summer Sale
- 2325 Crescent Ave.
- Spring is just around the corner. Shop pre-loved designer clothing, shoes and bags at Edit Charlotte’s spring/summer sale.
- Feb 24-27, times vary.
- Prices vary.
In Vivid Color: Pushing the Boundaries of Perception of Contemporary Art
- Mint Museum Uptown
- Four innovative contemporary artists who create works celebrating the power of color and its transformative ability to permeate the space around us.
- Now through Sunday, February 28.
- General admissions $15.
I Heart Rail Trail
- South End
- “I Heart Rail Trail,” the popular lights installation, is back in South End with six new displays from local artists. The interactive light installations run until March 7 along South End’s Rail Trail from 1100 South plaza to Atherton Mill.
Love, Charlotte Exhibition
- 7th Street Public Market
- Six local artists painted giant love-themed postcards that will be on display outside 7th Street Public Market.
- Now through March 15.
Virtual Cooking Classes with Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen
- A recorded cooking class lead by Chef Alyssa. Purchase of a class includes the recipe, an info sheet, and access to the video of your choice.
- Times vary.
- $15 per class.
Charlotte Oddities & Curiosities Expo 2021
- Charlotte Convention Center
- The Oddities & Curiosities Expo showcases hand selected vendors, dealers, artists and small businesses from all over the country with all things weird.